“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, March 26, 2010

Guess we're finding out just how fast a country can change...

I used to read history books and wonder how in the world people "allowed" horrific things to happen in their countries. Unfortunately, I seem to be living through something similar in our own country and I'm finding out just how easy it can happen.

If you're reading headlines and seeing the news stories flash across screens it paints a big picture that is reminding me of Hieronymus Bosch's depiction of the last judgment... crammed full of horrible things to be.

We all know where the health care debacle is taking the country. Then there's the take over of banks, the auto industry, cap & trade, the involvement of the IRS in health care, all the Czars "nudging" and pushing, Obama's way of working around Congress when needed, the new regulations getting ready to hit, the falling / crashing economy, the soon-to-be taxed to death middle & upper class, the amnesty for illegals just around the corner...oh, I could go on and on but most of you are seeing those same headlines and listening to the same news.

It's frightening and what's really scary is how little impact we have on what they are doing in Washington. I used to think that we only mattered on election day in the eyes of politicians. Now I realize that they're finding a way to negate even that little bit of power.

Don't you wonder why we're seeing stories about gun purchases by the IRS? Today I saw a headline about some national / federal education fiefdom buying riot guns or something like that... was in a Ning group, haven't looked it up yet to learn details. Scary, huh?

So, tonight, right before I went to shut down the computer I saw the following fly by on my Facebook page. Had to share.

Forbes: Is a Chavez-Style Media Crackdown Coming to America?
"Many of [Hugo] Chavez’s most ardent supporters here in the U.S. come out of the 'media reform' movement, which believes that our corporate media has been thoroughly co-opted by capitalists bent on destroying the benevolent leadership of the likes of Chavez. They think that our capitalist-plagued media world is in dire need of reform."

So ominously wrote Steve Forbes Wednesday in an article guaranteed to make right-thinking Americans from coast to coast wonder what's next in the Left's plans to control the press.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/03/25/forbes-chavez-style-media-crackdown-coming-america#ixzz0jFeXwVj7

You know they want to take down Fox News and talk radio. We know they're looking at social networks and the Internet. Saw a few stories a week or so ago about the FBI setting up fake ids on Facebook, friending people so they could monitor them. I'd "assumed" that was already happening... and it's impossible to tell.

Another thing that kind of hit me in the wrong way was hearing about the move to make sure everyone had high speed access to the Internet. Sorry, but shades of Big Brother and 1984? Did anyone see the story in Georgia about the school system that was monitoring students at home via their computers? They turned on the cameras at will to see what kids were doing at HOME.

Now the Dems are implementing another piece of their plan by trying to say we're all violent mobsters ready to unleash on those sweet ol' politicians who're just doing what's best for us (gag). Ya hafta wonder where they were during all the attacks on George Bush... and conservatives... the Union bullies attacking citizens... And where's the media in all this? Talk about inciting chaos, these guys seem to be trying to create an incident.

I seem to stay in a perpetual state of angst these days. I can see it. I know what's happening and all I can do is write, call, fax, go to Tea Party / 912 Project meetings, network with like-minded friends and work to get some decent people elected in November. I think that's our last chance to at least stem the tide. The Dems know it, too, and they're working just as hard at they can to make sure whatever we do in November fails.

OK, nuff. I thought that by writing a bit I'd chill enough to sleep. Instead I think I may have put all this together in a way that'll give me nightmares. I'll never give up hope and I'll be fighting for our country with me last breath. I know most of you will be right there with me on that one!

1 comment:

Brad K. said...

I think what we are seeing is B. Hussein Obama's "Gotcha, again" agenda to upstage Al Capone, another Chicago kid with delusions of grandeur. Capone has to be spinning in his grave, kicking himself, "Why didn't I try it that way?!"

There is no way that increasing regulations and government intervention will fail to create and nurture a thriving black market that will make the drug gangs and distribution pale in comparison.

Of course, black markets don't pay taxes, further digging the government into a "red ink" hole. The specter of a black market economy should be scaring even the most ardent ObamaCare - and related intrusive program - supporter into opposing big government.

The "war on drugs" is probably a very good example of what will happen to health care. The government raids, the unlicensed providers, the adulterated products and unsafe procedures - and a nod and wink for the wealthy. Perhaps even cell-block, self-taught "medical schools" operating among prison inmates. Look to see health food stores and natural health care approaches banned, taxed, regulated, and arrested, as they diminish the profit margin for the government's health care.