“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On an anti-Geithner bender...

I feel like the base of our country is being chipped at from all sides. Sooner or later they're going to chip just enough off the bottom and the country will topple. Where are the American people of character and principle? Tell me we haven't crossed the line yet, that there are enough people involved and concerned who are willing to fight? who understand the importance of taking time to learn what's happening outside their own little nest? Arrggg... can you tell I am FRUSTRATED!

But take heart, I'm getting close to getting it out of my system. Maybe.

Wait until you read my next posts on the stupid-stimulus package if you think I'm over the top on Geithner. Geithner being voted in is nothing compared to what's getting ready to happen with the bailout / stimulus package. That one isn't a chip and chisel, it's a bulldozer.

Here's a batch of articles from P.U.M.A. Great stuff.

Tax Evader, Tim “Turbo-Tax” Geithner Sworn In As Treasury Secretary…
Posted: 26 Jan 2009 10:17 PM CST
It’s official… We have our first self-confessed tax-evader as Treasury Secretary. I wonder how the IRS is going to treat people who make “innocent mistakes” and choose not to pay their taxes under his watch… What is amazing is not that Obama nominated him, it is that even those who should be opposed to such ethically [...]

Is there any common sense left in Washington?
Posted: 26 Jan 2009 09:52 PM CST
Won’t say I agree with everything here, but I really don’t like what is going on in Washington, and this article makes tons of sense… RS The Senate is now falling all over itself to confirm all of President Obama’s nominees. My personal favorite is Timothy Geithner, admitted tax evader, who is set to earn “widespread [...]

Here’s a List of The Senators Who Voted To Confirm Tim Geithner…
Posted: 26 Jan 2009 08:36 PM CST
If you’ve been wondering which Senators voted to confirm a self-confessed tax cheat as the Treasury Secretary, wonder no more. I just have to wonder what Obama promised some of them in exchange for their vote. It baffles me that people entrusted to look after the Republic would put political expediency before principle. Anyway, here’s the Roll [...]

Senator Susan Collins opposes Timothy Geithner for Treasury Secretary…
Posted: 26 Jan 2009 02:50 PM CST
I hope more Senators take a principled stand… The vote is at 6pm EST tonight. It makes no sense to put a tax cheat in charge of the treasury… PRN U.S. Senator Susan Collins today announced that she will oppose the confirmation of Timothy Geithner, who was nominated to be U.S. Secretary of the Treasury. [...]

No comments: