“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It just keeps getting better!

Tomorrow a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter (a member of the Democratic National Committee's Platform Committee!) is going to endorse McCain-Palin! I haven't a clue who it is, but this is a trend that I hope to see continue.

The polls are awesome right now.

Barack Obama is struggling and it shows. Take away his tele-prompter, unplug the thing, see if he can do what Sarah Palin did on her first big night at the Republican Convention! I was awed at her performance, especially knowing the prompter messed up. I can't imagine standing in front of all those people and managing to string a coherent sentence together with a tele-prompter.

Barack Obama's claim to fame is being able to give a great speech (so they say) when reading from a tele-prompter.

Did any of you see the bit where he said everyone in the United States would get a tax cut? Not just the 95% he's been saying would get a tax cut? What is the percentage of people who don't pay any tax at all? Something like 40% if I remember correctly. Does that mean people who don't pay taxes are going to get a check, too? It's not a tax cut from what I've heard discussed, it's a rebate check. Which to my way of thinking is simply another welfare program, except it goes to everyone regardless of need (unless you're in the "wealthy" 5% and you have to pay the tab for the rest of the country!).

Remember Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shrugged? It's a must-read.

Can't wait to see who's jumping aboard from the Dems tomorrow! You know they wouldn't let the Democrat woman who made the commercial for McCain into the Democratic Convention even though she was an official delegate? I had mixed feelings about that one. I imagine the Republicans would do the same thing if the situation were reversed. I'm sure glad she's supporting John McCain though. I wonder if she has a blog?

1 comment:

Victor Bravo Monchego, Jr said...

doomed, we are, if palin gets in the white house.