“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, September 26, 2008

McCain did great!

I thought John McCain did great tonight. I was a bit concerned given the events of the past few days. I thought the running back and forth, the stress of the situation and the loss of preparation time might adversely impact his performance. He rose to the challenge fantastically.

I thought Obama's facial contortions were very UN-Presidential. His smirks and the continual interruptions were NOT Presidential. It was rude. While McCain is talking Obama's off to the side going, "me, me, me, let me talk" like a child who just can't wait his turn.

I didn't see any major flubs by Obama, definitely none by Senator McCain.

I did NOT like the lack of respect Obama showed by calling Senator McCain "John" while Senator McCain was respectful of Obama in using his title.

I thought Senator McCain did a very good job of driving home the fact that Senator Obama does not have the experience to lead. After tonight's debate it was clear that Obama does not have the temperament and maturity to be President.

Overall I thought the debate was very good. I enjoyed the lack of formality and the way the debate was conducted (despite the fact that I wanted to put a curtain over Obama's side while he was jumping up and down trying to get attention while McCain was talking).

McCain got the last shot in and I liked his zinger ending.

No comments: