“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sarah Palin and the Media

Just read on a blog (not on the news) that Sarah Palin is slated to do her first TV talk with Charles Gibson, ABC News. I was rather hoping it would be Fox News, but I certainly understand the strategy. The way Fox News is portrayed by the Dems would give them fodder for more talk of protecting her and all the same old drivel we're hearing.

I was rather pleased that she hadn't made the talk show rounds. I love the freshness, the shock it has caused the media. "What, WE don't know her?" "WE haven't vetted her?" "She has NEVER been on Meet the Press?" Sure, that's the criteria I use for selecting who I'm going to vote for... I use the press (cough, cough, sarcasm to the nth degree).

Tonight on Fox News at 8 p.m. there will be a repeat of last night's special on Sarah Palin. I missed last night but I will definitely be watching tonight!

Setting another rumor to rest, possibly: I had heard that Hillary Clinton was refusing to go after Sarah Palin because she (Hillary) didn't want to hurt her chances with potential future women voters. According to Axelrod and / or Biden on this morning's talk shows (think it was Biden), Hillary is going to be out campaigning and hitting Sarah. I really don't have a problem with that as long as she sticks to issues. It's the trash that is being spread by Democratic surrogates on the blogs that bothers me. Who knew the so-called party of peace could be so combative and downright nasty? It's "give peace a chance" unless you don't happen to agree with what THEY believe in I gather.

Sarah Palin continues to be the talk of the town and the world. Unfortunately I've noticed that Google is being biased in the news they're picking up. I did a search on Sarah Palin blogs on Google and couldn't find any that were positive. I know there are some out there that are positive when it comes to Sarah Palin and the Republicans in general. Unfortunately you wouldn't think so if you searched on Google blogs. I did manage to find a few by typing in various titles & have listed then on the sidebar.

If you have a pro-McCain, pro-Palin, pro-Republican blog, add a comment with a link and we'll take a look and possibly add it to the list.

No comments: