“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Outraged in Georgia

I was out in the studio glazing some pottery and decided to listen to talk radio for a change since it was rote work, not really creative and I needed something to occupy my mind.

Usually WSB 750 AM radio (Atlanta area) is conservative talk. Sean Hannity, Neal Boortz and others fill the airspace with a wide range of views but generally all in the conservative bent.

Not this afternoon. They had a guy, Mark Arum, who usually does the traffic hosting an afternoon show. I've picked it up before and he usually does light fare and stays away from politics.

I found out why he stays away from politics today.

He's really out in the ozone.

I didn't mind that he was an Independent and was curious to see how the program would flow once I heard the topic. He set up the scenario that he was an undecided voter who wanted the public to convince him to vote for their ticket.

I thought it would be fun to listen to the varying views and arguments.

However, it became patently clear that he had made up his mind on Sarah Palin. He did nothing but mouth the left's talking points. Almost verbatim. He spoke highly of John McCain but questioned his judgement for picking someone who wasn't qualified to be President, who didn't know which newspapers she read (if any), who had no experience... you all know the drill.

When he told a caller (who asked) that yes Todd Palin was part of a separatist movement but hey, they were up in Alaska and that was a different breed (or something along those lines) and that no telling what would happen once they got the pipeline set up, I decided I'd about had it with this guy. Whacko.

BUT, BUT, then he went WAY over the top. When he made the comment that Sarah had four children that we KNEW were hers... I popped the radio off.

He twisted whatever anyone said to make them sound like imbeciles. He admitted he was an elitist who thought that while there's nothing wrong with the actual colleges Sarah chose, it proved she wasn't smart enough. He said it differently, but he said it often. He was looking down his nose at her education as if that was the be-all, end-all for qualifying to be VP.

The guy is fooling himself if he thinks he's Independent. Either that or he's only listening to one side, isn't intelligent enough to do any research and obviously easily buys into the rumor mill.

It's a free world and we have free speech so I'm not going to get all riled about the station picking this dumb bunny to host a talk show in a generally dead time slot. However, I'll be exercising my freedoms and will listening to a CD on Saturday afternoons in the future.

No comments: