“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, October 16, 2008

TV Fast for John McCain and Sarah Palin

We fast during Lent, we fast in prayer, we fast for intersession.

It struck me that the most powerful fast we could hold would not be a food fast, but a TV fast now through the election.

Except Fox News maybe if you're desperate!

I'm serious about this idea.

It would have a strong impact in numerous ways.

One, we could show the media how tired we are of the way they twist the facts, support candidates, and generally program our family's minds.

Second, it would act as a cleansing. Clear your mind of the garbage that is dumped into it every day by the programs we watch and the subtle messages that are conveyed.

Third, it would help to focus our minds on the importance of electing those who support our values.

Fourth, it would give us precious time. Time to make calls, to write our friends and those we barely know (or strangers) and time to help get John McCain and Sarah Palin elected.

Fifth, it could show our strength as a conservative block.

Sixth, if you believe fasting works, and I do, then this could be just what we need.

We need to send a powerful message and show our strength as conservatives, as supporters of values that go beyond the White House.

It's early morning and I'm just starting to flesh this idea out. I'm tossing it out there to my blogging brethren to help firm it up and sign on if you're interested. I'm going to pass the idea along to W.A.M., McCain-Palin08, NOBamanation and some other groups to see what they think. I already have a logo in mind and am willing to put feet to the words.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: