“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, October 31, 2008

Re: Press shut down

"A Right Wing Conservative" asked what Obama would do to us on the blogosphere... I've already been wondering how long we'll have the luxury of using Blogger since the owner of Blogger is Google and the owner of Google is a staunch Obama supporter.

I know I get a bit paranoid at times with all this (at least I HOPE I'm being a bit paranoid), but when you see Obama in action and hear what he's telling us he's going to do, one has to worry about freedom of speech (among other things).

A lot of Dems / Liberals have been pushing the so-called "Fairness" Doctrine already. Bet that's one that comes up fairly quickly if we have Dems in control of all government bodies.

How long will it be before dissent or disagreement with Obama's policies becomes a national security risk and we all have to zip our mouths and quell our nimble fingers from typing on our keyboards?

"Lipstick Republican" pointed out something I missed --- "The shutdown began last week with the Obama campaign refusal to honor an interview appointment after Biden was asked something other than the usual softball questions. No major outcry over that, so this week they're going a little further. Which reporter gets muzzled next?"

We all know they're now "Hidin' Biden" to keep him from making any gaffes. I did see him today giving a scripted talk. I heard that Obama hasn't given an press availabilities for over a month, except the last time Biden gaffed and he was forced to talk candidly to the press.

I think the press is being patently stupid, no make that REALLY STUPID, by supporting someone who's going to turn on them before it's all said and done.

No comments: